A HISTORY IN PICTURES
2006: Wedding Bridge
A good friend of ours, Carl Reese (a licensed contractor), built this bridge to go across a swimming pool in Lancaster for a family wedding.
(1) ^ ^ ^ ^ After the wedding ceremony, Carl asked if we could make use of the bridge in the wash.
(2) ^ ^ ^ ^ Carl even delivered the bridge right to our backyard.
(3) ^ ^ ^ ^ The donor, Carl Reese. We very much appreciate his generous contribution.
(4) ^ ^ ^ ^ I set about making two piers as foundations for the bridge. This is the larger, western-most pier filled with rocks and the top stabilized with sand filling the gaps.
(5) ^ ^ ^ ^ On January 7th, 2006, we invited friends to help carry the bridge to its new foundations.
(6) ^ ^ ^ ^ Taking a short rest on route.
(7) ^ ^ ^ ^ The bridge successfully resting on its new foundations.
(8) ^ ^ ^ ^ Trying it out for size.
(9) ^ ^ ^ ^ Back filling the eastern pier.
(10) ^ ^ ^ ^ Back filling the eastern pier with rocks.
(11) ^ ^ ^ ^ The piers ready for the final layer of wood chips.
(12) ^ ^ ^ ^ Four days later, it was covered with snow (on 1/15/2006)