SNOWFLAKE WASH TRAILS AND PATHWAYS
A HISTORY IN PICTURES
2010: Flash Flooding & Hail
The creeks and water courses in the greenbelt are often dry, but can flow suddenly after a heavy downpour of rain.......
(1) ^ ^ ^ ^ Storm water flowing under the Wedding Bridge after a heavy downpour of rain lasting about an hour on Saturday, October 2, 2010.
(2) ^ ^ ^ ^ The same post-storm flow seen here in the Zen Garden area. It even overflowed here (on both sides).
(3) ^ ^ ^ ^ Near the spot marked as the "Log Walk" on the first satellite map.
(4) ^ ^ ^ ^ A little further downstream flowing north.
(5) ^ ^ ^ ^ The same downpour was mixed with hail. After the rain stopped, the hail was left behind lying on the ground.
(6) ^ ^ ^ ^ Hail on the ground after a thunderstorm around midday on Saturday, October 2, 2010.